Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. I’m interested in starting a business in the Northwest Territories – what is the first step?
- A great starting point is the BDIC’s guide on
- . It includes information on writing a business plan, accessing available financing and grants, registering your business and navigating regulations in the territory. You can also access a wide range of information on starting, planning, financing, managing and growing a business through the
Canada Business Network
You can direct specific questions relating to doing business in your community to Canada Business NWT, toll-free, at 1-800-661-0599.
2. How do I apply for the BDIC’s financial programs?
- Applicants seeking funding through the BDIC must carry on business in the Northwest Territories as one of the following:
1. An Individual or Sole Proprietorship;
2. A Partnership;
3. A Corporation registered under the NWT Business Corporations Act; or
4. A Co-Operative registered under the NWT Business Co-Operative Association Act.
Application forms for the BDIC’s financial programs can be found here. Completed credit facility application forms and related questions can be directed to your local regional agent. For more information about the BDIC’s contribution programs, please contact us at 867-767-9075 or email@example.com.
3. How do I check out a book from the BDIC’s business library?
- You can reserve a book online through the
online business library
- and have it mailed directly to your address for free, or stop by the BDIC’s Yellowknife headquarters located at 5009 – 50th Avenue to browse through the library and check out a book.
4. What is a business learning session and how do I register to participate?
- Business learning sessions are interactive online presentations that cover a variety of different business topics. Participants can view the presentation remotely and have the opportunity to submit typed questions during the live session and have them answered by knowledgeable experts.
Upcoming online sessions are listed on the BDIC’s calendar of events. You can arrange to participate by calling 1-800-661-0599 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (participants must register at least one day in advance of the session).