Accelerate Digital Adoption Projects for Tomorrow (ADAPT) Fund
The Accelerate Digital Adoption Projects for Tomorrow (ADAPT) Fund is a contribution program of the BDIC that provides funding to help NWT businesses with their digital adoption projects. A maximum of $2,600 is available to eligible NWT businesses each year, until the ADAPT Fund budget has been exhausted. Funding will be distributed on a first come, first served basis.
This funding can supplement the funding provided by the Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP) to reach a combined total of $5,000 for both programs.
Funding may be provided for the following eligible expenses:
- Developing a new e-commerce website and/or adding functionality to an existing site
- Installing an e-commerce platform including subscription fees and costs
- Digital marketing for an e-commerce store
- Tracking and managing inventory and sales systems
- Up to 50% or $2,600 (whichever is less) of related hardware/software costs
- Professional fees or other costs to assist applicants with items listed above
Eligible businesses for ADAPT:
- Are registered and/or incorporated businesses in the NWT
- Have operated for three months or more
- Have at least one employee (other than the owner) or minimum of $10,000 in annual gross revenues in most recent tax year
- Are accessible by consumers and/or provide some goods or services directly to consumers
- Commit to maintaining a digital adoption strategy for six months after receiving funding through the program
More information is also available in the ADAPT Fund policy.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are expected to apply to the Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP) if eligible.
Applications to CDAP will automatically be submitted to the ADAPT Fund for consideration if consent is given by the applicant and the funding requested exceeds the maximum amount offered through CDAP.
Apply to both CDAP and ADAPT, using the online application.
If you are not eligible for CDAP, apply to ADAPT only using this paper application: download and complete the application form.