- This event has passed.
Breaking Barriers To Growth For Women ENTREPRENEURS
March 5, 2020 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Supporting Female Entrepreneurship and Business Growth
In 2019, Women’s Enterprise Centre surveyed their clients and found 49 per cent didn’t know how to maximize the growth and potential of their business. Only 2 per cent of women-owned businesses reach revenues of $1 million, while only 29 per cent of women surveyed reported being satisfied with reaching their business goals.
Amid these figures one thing becomes clear. There’s a gap between women entrepreneurs’ economic potential and their achievement. It’s time to bridge that gap.
In celebration of International Women’s Day, Small Business BC and Women’s Enterprise are partnering to deliver a FREE, practical seminar for female entrepreneurs who want to take the next step and grow their business.
During this seminar, the presenter and panelists will cover topics such as the business case for increasing, women-owned businesses, importance of mentorship, education/skills development and training opportunities, overcoming unconscious bias, and supplier-diversity programs.
This seminar will be facilitated by Melanie Rupp, Director Loans & Advisory Services of Women’s Enterprise Centre, alongside a panel of industry experts:
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Trends and opportunities for women entrepreneurs, and how to overcome barriers
- How to access specialized initiatives from BMO, BDC and Scotiabank that help women business owners pass the $1 million revenue barrier
- Ways to recognize and mitigate ‘unconscious bias’ when applying for financing
- Strategies on how to beef up financing applications to appeal to lenders
- Where you can access exporting and supplier-diversity programs to grow your business, including government-funded options and grants
- Stories from women who have grown their business