- This event has passed.
CREATING A WEBSITE FOR YOUR BUSINESS
April 26 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm| Free
Make Your Own Website
Thinking of creating a website for your business? WordPress websites make up almost 30% of the internet and it was recently named the world’s fastest growing Content Management System (CMS). Similar to Shopify, Wix and Squarespace, WordPress offers a free-to-install, flexible and simple interface to make the most of your business website.
Join Simon Rai, Raize Digital, and take an interactive step-by-step tour of WordPress and leave with a basic website of your own. Getting started is easier than you think on this user-friendly platform that will empower you to tell the world about your small business. In this session, we’ll also briefly examine some of the more popular alternatives to WordPress.
Temporary WordPress sites will be made available to participants who sign up three business days prior to the session. These sites are meant for practice use and we will be pausing briefly for clients to get a sense of where functions are located. A basic proficiency in navigating computers, websites, and browsers is highly recommended.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Know what to look for when selecting a web host
- How to install a WordPress theme
- How to edit your website content
- Getting started on adding media such as images, video and audio to your site
- Harnessing the power of widgets, plug-ins and theme settings
- A brief introduction to WordPress alternatives