- This event has passed.
2:00 pm - DOING BUSINESS WITH THE GOVERNMENT OF CANADA
July 8, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pmFree
How to do Business with the Federal Government
Did you know: The Government of Canada spends up to $25 billion annually on goods, services, and construction. Many of these contracts are fulfilled by small businesses, meaning plenty of opportunities to engage with.
This seminar will guide you through the various aspects involved in doing business with the federal government as well as the recourse mechanisms and services available to suppliers in the event they encounter issues with a federal contract.
This seminar is a condensed version of the following seminars:
- How to Do Business with the Federal Government
- Finding and Bidding on Opportunities with the Government of Canada
Presented By: Representatives from the Office of Small and Medium Enterprises (OSME), Public Services and Procurement Canada and Office of the Procurement Ombudsman.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- The fundamentals of registering to sell to the government
- How to identify opportunities and market your goods and services
- The basics of the Request for Proposal (RFP) process and how to submit a bid
- The federal government contracting process
- The Government Electronic Tendering Service (GETS)
- How buyandsell.gc.ca works
Live ASL interpretation and closed captioning will be available for this webinar.
This webinar will take place via Zoom. Instructions to join our Zoom meeting will be sent to you two hours in advance.