- This event has passed.
Ergonomics For Workplace Safety, Quality and Productivity
February 26, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pmFree
Musculoskeletal Injury Prevention in the Workplace
Did you know: Musculoskeletal injuries are the highest injury category in BC workplaces, making up one third of all injuries. Whether it’s sitting at a desk all day, repetitive movements, or lifting, our work can have a damaging effect on our bodies. The good news is, this damage can be prevented with a greater focus on ergonomics.
Join us for this informative FREE seminar and discover more about musculoskeletal injuries, their signs and symptoms, as well as the risk factors that contribute to them. You’ll discover how your workplace can be improved to minimize the MSI risk in the workplace.
By eliminating or minimizing this risk, you’ll boost the health and productivity of your team, creating a smarter and more sustainable workplace. You’ll leave with a keen understanding of best practices in workplace ergonomics, and steps to prevent or reduce MSIs.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Definition of musculoskeletal injuries (MSIs)
- Signs and symptoms of MSIs
- Risk factors that contribute to MSIs
- Introduction to the ergonomics/human factors process
- Risk control solutions to eliminate or minimize MSI risk factors
- Examples of risk factors and solutions in multiple workplace settings