- This event has passed.
INDIGENOUS CULTURAL PROTOCOLS, EMPATHY & SAFETY WORK
July 22, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Decolonizing Cultural Safety in the Workplace
Cultural Protocols, Empathy & Safety offers a facilitated decolonial dialogue to support you or your organization to work through Nahanee Creative’s mini-courses and writing prompts together. In this two-hour workshop, you will create a Cultural Safety Plan of your own. While the teachings & critical Indigenous theory shared by Ta7talíya Michelle Nahanee are grounded in Squamish world view, they are applicable across Indigenous Territories.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Introduction to cultural protocols, empathy and safety
- Self reflection to understand your own role in these conversations
- Explore approaches to cultural work and decolonizing practices in a good way
- How to start introducing cultural safety into workplace policy
- Begin a Cultural Safety Plan of your own
This webinar will take place via Zoom. Instructions to join our Zoom meeting will be sent to you