- This event has passed.
Start Smart 1: Basics of Starting a Business
May 10 @ 10:30 am - 1:30 pmFree
From Registration and Licenses to Business Structure
Starting a business? It pays to have a plan. Whether you have a winning business idea, or you’re just fascinated with the idea of launching a business, this webinar delivers a beginner-friendly course on how to start your own business. As the first half of the Start Smart two-webinar package, this webinar will help you discover what’s involved in starting your own business.
Join a representative of Small Business BC, and Brian E. Rudy, Synergy Business Lawyers for this informative webinar that will save you time and money.
What Will I Learn?
- An overview of the basic requirements to start a business
- Employment standards you need to be aware of
- Resources available to start-ups
- Methods to evaluate your business idea and its viability
- The basics of a business plan
- The differences between proprietorships, partnerships and incorporations
Brian E. Rudy
This webinar will take place via Zoom. Instructions to join our Zoom meeting will be sent to you in advance.
Please note: all webinar participants will also receive access to a recording for seven days after the live session.