- This event has passed.
Start Smart 1: Basics of Starting a Business
December 7, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pmFree
Presented by Small Business BC
From Registration and Licenses to Business Structure
Starting a business? It pays to have a plan. Whether you have a winning business idea, or you’re just fascinated with the idea of launching a business, this seminar delivers a beginner-friendly course on how to start your own business. As the first half of the Start Smart two-seminar package, this seminar will help you discover what’s involved in starting your own business.
Join a representative of Small Business BC, and Brian E. Rudy, Synergy Business Lawyers for this informative seminar that will save you time and money.
What Will I Learn?
- An overview of the basic requirements to start a business
- Employment standards you need to be aware of
- Resources available to start-ups
- Methods to evaluate your business idea and its viability
- The basics of a business plan
- The differences between proprietorships, partnerships and incorporations
- Brian E. Rudy
- Nixon Vu
This webinar will take place via Zoom. Instructions to join our Zoom meeting will be sent to you in advance.
Please note: all webinar participants will also receive access to a recording for seven days after the live session.