- This event has passed.
Start Smart 2: Key Considerations of Starting a Business
October 17, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
From PST to Protecting Your Business
The business start-up phase is an exciting time full of opportunity and big decisions. Don’t let your potential business be derailed by taking unnecessary risks. Start Smart 2: Key Considerations of Starting a Business highlights the ways you can protect your business, your employees and yourself from harm.
- What Will I Learn?
Employment standards including bonding, employees and running a small business
- Discover ways to protect your business
- How to handle Provincial Sales Tax (PST)
- Protecting your intellectual property and not infringing on others
- How trademarks, patents and designs work
- The Ministry of Finance Outreach Program
- Employers’ Advisers Office
- Oyen Wiggs Green & Mutala LLP