- This event has passed.
Start Smart 2: Key Considerations of Starting a Business
September 20 @ 1:00 pm - 2:45 pmFree
Your Guide to Starting a Business
Ready to turn your great idea into a business? Our Start Smart Package delivers the basics you need to get started on the road to success. This two-part series covers basics like business structures, how to register a business, employee standards, and how to ensure your start-up is tax compliant.
This package includes two live sessions and access to our Steps to Starting a Business in BC e-course.
Session 1 – September 13th 11:00am to 1:30pm
Session 2 – September 20th 1:00pm to 2:45pm
What Will I Learn?
- Resources needed during the start-up phase
- Understanding the business registration process
- Basic requirements of starting a business
- Basics of WorkSafeBC and your responsibilities as an employer
- Tax compliance and how to handle BC provincial sales tax (PST)
- Brian E. Rudy
- BC Employers’ Advisers Office
- The Ministry of Finance Outreach Program, BC
For virtual registrants, you will receive the Zoom link for the webinar before the start time
Missed the live session? No problem. All registrants will receive access to the recording for seven days after the live session.