- This event has passed.
Start Smart: Basics of Starting a Business – Package
October 11 @ 11:00 am - 1:30 pmFree
Your Guide to Starting a Business
Ready to turn your great idea into a business? Our Start Smart Package delivers the basics you need to get started on the road to success. This two-part series covers basics like business structures, how to register a business, employee standards, and how to ensure your start-up is tax compliant.
This package includes two live sessions and access to our Steps to Starting a Business in BC e-course.
Session 1 – October 11 11:00am to 1:30pm
Session 2 – October 18 1:00pm to 2:45pm
What Will I Learn?
- Resources needed during the start-up phase
- Understanding the business registration process
- Basic requirements of starting a business
- Basics of WorkSafeBC and your responsibilities as an employer
- Tax compliance and how to handle BC provincial sales tax (PST)
Brian E. Rudy
Employers’ Advisers Office
The Ministry of Finance Outreach Program
This session is delivered online via Zoom
A few tips to note:
- You will receive the Zoom link for the webinar before the start time.
- Missed the live session? No problem. All registrants will receive access to the recording for seven days after the live session.