Understanding Regulations For Importing
September 20 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm| Free
As an importer, you need to know which regulations, standards and licenses apply to your products. It’s essential to have a clear understanding of which regulatory agencies are responsible for your industry, and how to manage pre-entry requirements, such as testing and labelling – before you start importing.
This interactive session will bring together representatives from Small Business BC, Health Canada, the Competition Bureau and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency. Following the presentation (approximately two hours), in-person attendees will have the opportunity to ask the questions relevant to your business and speak directly with the visiting agencies.
This seminar will help you understand overall regulations for importing in the following industries:
- Textile regulations and labeling
- Mandatory food labelling requirements and licensing
- Non-mandatory food labelling information consumer product safety considerations
- Cosmetics regulations under the Food and Drugs Act
- Drug regulations
- Natural health product regulations
- Medical devices regulations
Presented By: Laura Aveledo of Small Business BC and alongside other industry experts including representatives from Health Canada, Canadian Food Inspection Agency and Competition Bureau