Community Videos Highlighting BDIC Subsidiary Companies
YELLOWKNIFE (January 13, 2014) – Promotional videos highlighting the NWT Business Development and Investment Corporation’s (BDIC) subsidiary companies were released today. The videos showcase the unique operations of the BDIC’s subsidiaries in remote NWT communities as well as highlight the quality products made by skilled Northern artisans.
Five unique videos were released showing the following video footage:
- Manufacturing arctic tough products at the Fort McPherson Tent and Canvas Shop
- Hand printmaking at the Ulukhaktok Arts and Crafts Centre
- Crafting birch bark baskets in Fort Liard at Acho Dene Native Crafts
- Creating sheared beaver fur products at Dene Fur Clouds in Fort Providence
- Muskox horn carving at the Ulukhaktok Arts and Crafts Centre
“We are very pleased to present our subsidiary companies and the work they do in communities across the NWT,” said Pawan Chugh, Chief Executive Officer of the BDIC. “These promotional videos are an opportunity to showcase to the world the unique northern environment and art and craft work done.”
The BDIC’s subsidiary companies maintain over 43 full time jobs in NWT communities as well as support over 100 cottage craft producers.
The videos can be viewed on the BDIC’s subsidiary websites at www.fortmcphersontent.com, www.denefurclouds.com, www.adnc.ca and www.ulukhaktok.com. They call also all be viewed online at www.bdic.ca/subsidiary-videos. Hard DVD copies are also available when requested.
For more information, contact:
Manager Communications and Board Support
NWT Business Development and Investment Corporation