The Accelerate Digital Adoption Projects for Tomorrow (ADAPT) Fund is a contribution program of the BDIC that provides funding to help NWT businesses with their digital adoption projects. A maximum of $2,600 is available to eligible NWT businesses each year.
This funding can supplement the funding provided by the Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP) to reach a combined total of $5,000 for both programs.
Funding may be provided for the following eligible expenses:
- Developing a new e-commerce website and/or adding functionality to an existing site
- Installing an e-commerce platform including subscription fees and costs
- Digital marketing for an e-commerce store
- Tracking and managing inventory and sales systems
- Up to 50% or $2,600 (whichever is less) of related hardware/software costs
- Professional fees or other costs to assist applicants with items listed above
Eligible businesses for ADAPT:
- Are registered and/or incorporated businesses in the NWT
- Have operated for three months or more
- Have at least one employee (other than the owner) or minimum of $10,000 in annual gross revenues in most recent tax year
- Are accessible by consumers and/or provide some goods or services directly to consumers
- Commit to maintaining a digital adoption strategy for six months after receiving funding through the program
This funding can supplement the funding provided by the Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP) to reach a combined total of $5,000 for both programs. CDAP is a federally funded program that the BDIC is administering in the NWT. Eligible businesses will receive a micro-grant of up to $2,400 from CDAP to help with the costs related to adopting e-commerce and supported by a network of e-commerce advisors. More information on CDAP can be found here.
More information is also available in the ADAPT Fund policy.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are expected to apply to the Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP) if eligible.
Applications to CDAP will automatically be submitted to the ADAPT Fund for consideration if consent is given by the applicant and the funding requested exceeds the maximum amount offered through CDAP.
Apply to both CDAP and ADAPT, using the online application.
If you are not eligible for CDAP, apply to ADAPT only using this paper application: download and complete the application form.